TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL LANGUAGE STAY
Define your goals
- Type of course
- Exam, Diploma
- Possible dates
Define the parameters for your choice of destination
- Geographic position, climate, culture
- Big city or smaller town, by the sea or not
- Leisure and sporting opportunities in the region
- Public transport
- Visa regulations
Points to consider when choosing a school
- Recognised school
- Range of courses available
- Levels available
- Types of accommodation available
- Examination courses & dates
- Size of the school
- Age range of the students
- Leisure activities available
Points to consider when choosing an agent
- Independent Counselling & Organisation
- Agent must have direct contact with the school
- Years of experience
- Knows the schools personally
- Information clearly presented
- Refers to each school by name and can give details
- Personal support
- Gives prices in the original currency
- Organises a complete package
- Begin to plan your stay as early as possible
- Fix an appointment for personal counselling
- Compare offers
- Who has made what experiences?
- Is the name of the school mentioned?
- Are the number and length of lessons clear?
- Is the information concerning accommodation correct?
- Which rate of exchange is used?
- What extra costs will be charged (eg dossier fee?
- How comprehensible or detailed is the offer?